Thank you for your interest in the CyberLynx Homeschool Program. We trust you are interested in our program because you have heard how happy our families are with our program. As you might imagine, we are currently being inundated with inquiries from families who wish to homeschool their children with us, particularly during this time of uncertainty. One of our core values if our commitment to provide our families with excellent customer service and quick response times within the context of good relationships. While we could enroll all interested families and double the size of our program in a moment, we recognized that doing so would diminish the level of personal service we can provide to our families. For this reason, we are no longer enrolling new students or families in our CyberLynx office at this time. We regret not being able to work with you and your family this year. We know we’d enjoy getting to know each other. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list, please let us know. We’d be glad to contact you in the event more space becomes available.
CyberLynx enrollment is easy.
- Fill out the online Enrollment Application, or if you would prefer to download a PDF of the application and turn it into your local CyberLynx office, you can find that here. Please note that a copy of the child’s birth certificate is needed only if he or she has not previously attended another public school.
- A CyberLynx representative will contact you to discuss enrollment requirements.
- Meet with your site office certified teacher to develop an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP) for your student.
NOTE: Completing and submitting the enrollment application does not mean that your student is enrolled in CyberLynx. You must meet with a CyberLynx certified teacher to complete the requisite paperwork and create an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
What to Expect at the Meeting
The site office certified teacher will conduct a brief reading and math assessment to establish the student’s baseline level in these areas. Curricular options are selected with support from the certified teacher to meet the individual needs of each student. An Individualized Learning Plan (ILP) is created: this is a schedule of the student’s classes with the curriculum that will be used for each subject. Once the ILP is complete, the CyberLynx office may order your curriculum. When the curricula arrive, you can begin the school year. Every family is different, establishing individual daily, weekly, and to some extent, yearly schedules. Note: The required assessments (beginning, mid-year, and end of year) presents parents with valuable information about how their child’s academic progress and level develops over the course of a school year. Please see the CURRICULUM page on this website for more information.
- Contact is required with each student’s primary site office certified teacher at minimum once a month to ensure students are adequately progressing through the school year.
- Monthly contact may occur in person, at the site office, by telephone, or by email.
- The Student Monthly Academic Progress Form is handy way to track and communicate monthly academic progress of each student.
- Student work samples are required quarterly, for each class (and curriculum) the student is taking documented on the their ILP.
- Work samples are a brief portfolio of work generated by the student during each quarter of the academic year.
- Work samples consist of daily lessons, quizzes, unit tests, as well as other supporting course work, showing students’ independent work.
- On site certified teachers will review work samples, allow parents to provide input regarding the student’s grades and progress, and document the student’s progress and grades accordingly. (This would be the time when curriculum or level changes can be discussed).